- Clayne moved to Seattle in March 2013, started working his mobile shine going to offices like Merrill Lynch, Docusign, Mercedes-Benz of Seattle.
Old Style Shoe Shine was also doing successful events for companies like Mercedes-Benz, Dice Incubator, The Bellevue Harbor Club, Get Hitched Give Hope, and Seattle Parties Open House. -
- November 18, 2013 -
- Old Style moved into Rainier Square near Gold's Gym and took over George's Shoes shine stand. George went on to retire and gave Clayne his blessing.
Added Square for credit cards, Apple and Android pay. -
- 2014 -
- Clayne added a local shoe repair, doing on heels and soles, salt and water damage and some small repairs, stop by for a quote. -
- 2015 -
- Clayne has an eye for detail and color, expanding his education in leather color restoration.
July - Using only Saphir Products.
Saphir which was awarded the Medaille d'Or (gold medal) in Paris in 1925 for the quality of its leather care products, offers a complete and unmatched range.
Saphir Medaille d'Or is widely considered by shoe aficionados to be the best shoe care products in the world. -
- April 2016 -
- Clayne opened a shop in US Bank Centre, selling retail, shoes shines and repairs. -
- January 2017 -
- He started using only Saphir Products for all shines. -
- June 2018 -
- Two shoe shine chairs, drop offs welcomed for shoe shine. Started doing more shoe repairs due to a long time shoe repair business (Emerald Shoe Repair) went out of business. -
- 2019 -
- Changed business name to add Old Style Shoe Shine & Repair Co. Started doing more repairs, color changes and adding a third party shoe repair shop, my Uncle Scott runs. -
- 2020 -
- COVID-19 - Closed store for five months, March, April, May, June, and July and Re-opened to limited hours in August 2020. -
- April 2021 -
- Clayne moved locations, same address and phone number just different location.
Located on the SW corner of Pike Street and 6th Avenue in the new lobby f US Bank Center across the street from the Sheraton Grand hotel in downtown Seattle. -
- November 2021 -
- I hired two employees! Please welcome Trey and Avery to limited hours, still in training. Also opened to a Monday - Thursday 11AM - 7PM and Friday 11AM - 6PM closed Saturday and Sunday. -
- January 2021 -
- More will be revealed.... -
- At Old Style - We do more then just shine shoes!
That being said, You're simply not polished if your shoes don't shine. -
- Offering five types of shines - Basic, Executive also known as the Seattle shine, Presidential, Shell Cordovan, and I also have a dubbin Seal and Salmon rub, good for boots. Just a bit of a shine and a lot of water proofing. -